RealityCapture 1.2.2 Released
Today CapturingReality released their newest update (RealityCapture 1.2.2) – a minor release that brings several enhancements and improvements to the existing solution.
RealityCapture 18.104.22.168899 Highlights:
- RealityCapture Help is now available online for everybody and you can access it anytime. Start learning about RealityCapture features and CLI commands right now!
- Enhancements to the 3Ds renderer – Display large-scale models and clean them out without having to use the clipping box.
- Faster reconstruction – Depending on the number of images expect higher speed-ups on larger datasets and smaller speed-ups on smaller datasets.
- More accurate textures – The texturing has been enhanced to create more accurate textures on the edges of the contrasting colors.
- Better handling of disk space errors – The new feature that pauses the application progress automatically when cache files fill the whole storage disk to avoid further issues.
Selected New Features:
- Export a PLY format model with UVs and textures.
- Changed the default from the 2Ds to the 1Ds view.
- Export undistorted images in EXR format as 32-bit images.
- Added native HEIC image format support.
- Added functionality to render objects from camera positions using a report function.
- Set the minimal and maximal resolutions when unwrapping a model.
- The default inspection method changed to Scene uncertainty and camera relations.
Here you can find the complete release notes.